Are you ready to test your knowledge on all things spooky? Ghosts have been a part of folklore for centuries, and it’s time to see how much you really know about them. This multiple choice quiz will challenge you to answer 10 spooky trivia questions about ghosts.
From the history of ghost sightings to the science behind them, this quiz will cover a wide range of topics. You’ll be asked questions about the different types of ghosts, famous ghost stories, and even ghostly apparitions. So, if you think you have what it takes to answer all 10 questions correctly, then let’s get started!
This quiz is suitable for all levels of knowledge and is sure to be an entertaining challenge. So, put on your thinking cap and get ready to be spooked. Good luck!
- Who wrote the famous ghost story “The Turn of the Screw”?
The correct answer is Henry James.
- Henry James
- Edgar Allan Poe
- H.P. Lovecraft
- Stephen King
Henry James was a prominent American-British author who wrote “The Turn of the Screw” in 1898.
- In Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol,” how many ghosts visit Ebenezer Scrooge?
The correct answer is 3.
Scrooge is visited by the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Yet to Come.
- What is the name of the ghost who haunts the Hogwarts Castle in the Harry Potter series?
The correct answer is Nearly Headless Nick.
- Moaning Myrtle
- Nearly Headless Nick
- The Bloody Baron
Nearly Headless Nick is the resident ghost of Gryffindor House at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- In the movie “Beetlejuice,” what are the names of the ghost couple who haunt their former home?
The correct answer is Adam and Barbara Maitland.
- Betelgeuse and Lydia
- Charles and Delia Deetz
- Adam and Barbara Maitland
- Otho and Juno
Adam and Barbara Maitland are played by Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis in the 1988 film “Beetlejuice.”
- In Japanese folklore, what is the name of the vengeful ghost that comes back from the dead to seek vengeance on the living?
The correct answer is Onryō.
Onryō are spirits that come back from the afterlife to take revenge on those who wronged them in life.
- What is the name of the ghost ship said to be cursed and doomed to sail the seas forever?
The correct answer is The Flying Dutchman.
- The Black Pearl
- The Jolly Roger
- The Queen Anne’s Revenge
- The Flying Dutchman
The Flying Dutchman is a legendary ghost ship that can never make port and is doomed to sail the oceans forever.
- In the movie “Ghostbusters,” what is the name of the green, gluttonous ghost that the team encounters?
The correct answer is Slimer.
- Stay Puft Marshmallow Man
Slimer is a green, slime-covered ghost who becomes the mascot of the Ghostbusters in the 1984 film and its sequels.
- In the TV series “Supernatural,” what is the name of the ghost who is known as the Woman in White?
The correct answer is Constance Welch.
- Mary Winchester
- Constance Welch
Constance Welch is the Woman in White, a vengeful spirit encountered by Sam and Dean Winchester in the first episode of “Supernatural.”
- Which Shakespeare play features a ghost who urges the protagonist to seek revenge for his murder?
The correct answer is Hamlet.
- King Lear
In “Hamlet,” the ghost of King Hamlet appears to his son, Prince Hamlet, urging him to avenge his murder.
- What is the name of the ghost who haunts the Tower of London, supposedly the spirit of a queen who was executed there?
The correct answer is Anne Boleyn.
- Catherine Howard
- Jane Grey
- Anne Boleyn
- Mary, Queen of Scots
Anne Boleyn, the second wife of King Henry VIII, was executed at the Tower of London in 1536, and her ghost is said to haunt the tower.