Are you a fan of the classic video game Tetris? Do you think you have what it takes to ace a trivia quiz all about this iconic game?
Put your knowledge to the test with our 10 Question Tetris Video Game Trivia Quiz! This multiple-choice quiz is designed to challenge even the most dedicated Tetris enthusiasts.
From the game’s history to its mechanics, this quiz covers a wide range of topics that will test your expertise on this addictive puzzle game. Whether you’re a casual player or a seasoned Tetris master, this quiz is sure to provide some fun and engaging brain teasers.
So, get ready to showcase your Tetris prowess and dive into these 10 questions. Good luck and have fun!
- Who created Tetris?
The correct answer is Alexey Pajitnov.
- Shigeru Miyamoto
- Alexey Pajitnov
- Hideo Kojima
- Nolan Bushnell
Alexey Pajitnov, a Russian game designer, created Tetris in 1984 while working at the Soviet Academy of Sciences.
- In what year was Tetris first released?
The correct answer is 1984.
Tetris was first released in 1984, initially for the Elektronika 60 computer and later for various other platforms.
- What is the name of the song that plays in the background of the original Tetris game?
The correct answer is Korobeiniki.
- Block Party
- Tetris Theme
- Russian Dance
Korobeiniki is a Russian folk song that was adapted as the background music for the original Tetris game.
- Which company released Tetris for the Game Boy in 1989?
The correct answer is Nintendo.
Nintendo released Tetris for the Game Boy in 1989, which helped popularize the game worldwide.
- What are the four-square block shapes in Tetris called?
The correct answer is Tetriminos.
- Tetris Blocks
Tetriminos are the four-square block shapes in Tetris, and there are seven unique Tetriminos in the game.
- What is the maximum number of lines that can be cleared at once in Tetris?
The correct answer is 4.
In Tetris, the maximum number of lines that can be cleared at once is four, which is called a “Tetris.”
- What is the name of the world championship competition for Tetris?
The correct answer is The Classic Tetris World Championship.
- The Classic Tetris World Championship
- International Tetris Championship
- World Tetris League
- Tetris Masters Tournament
The Classic Tetris World Championship is an annual competition where players from around the world compete in the NES version of Tetris.
- Which Tetris piece is commonly referred to as the “long bar”?
The correct answer is I-Tetrimino.
The I-Tetrimino, a straight four-block piece, is commonly referred to as the “long bar” in Tetris.
- In which country was Tetris originally developed?
The correct answer is Soviet Union.
- United States
- Soviet Union
Tetris was originally developed in the Soviet Union by Alexey Pajitnov in 1984.
- What is the name of the feature in modern Tetris games that allows players to store a Tetrimino for later use?
The correct answer is Hold.
In modern Tetris games, the Hold feature allows players to store a Tetrimino for later use, swapping it with the current piece.