Are you looking for a challenge? Do you want to test your knowledge and find out just how much you know? Then you’ve come to the right place! We’ve put together a collection of 40 random knowledge quiz questions with answers that will have you scratching your head and reaching for the dictionary.
The questions cover a range of topics, from English language and vocabulary to Hangman and more. Test your English language knowledge with questions like “What is the past tense of the verb ‘to think’?” or “What is the definition of the word ‘amiable’?”. Then try your hand at Hangman with questions like “What is a 6 letter word for a type of tree?”.
So if you’re ready to put your knowledge to the test, let’s get started! Answer the questions correctly and you’ll be one step closer to being a true master of knowledge. Good luck!
- Can you solve the word “_n_i__” with missing letters?
The correct answer is inside.
The word “inside” is a preposition meaning “within the confines or boundaries of a place.”
- In which year was the movie “Meet the Parents” starring Ben Stiller released?
The correct answer is 2000.
The movie Meet the Parents, starring Ben Stiller, was released in the year 2000.
- The city of Las Vegas is located in which continent?
The correct answer is North America. Did you get it right?
- North America
- South America
Las Vegas is located in the western region of the United States in the continent of North America.
- Bluebonnet flower and Armadillo are both symbols of which U.S. states?
The correct answer is Texas.
Bluebonnet flowers and Armadillos are both native to Texas, and have become symbols of the state due to their prevalence in the area.
- Lairetam is the reverse spelling of which word?
The correct answer is material. Did you get it right?
Lairetam is a reverse spelling of the word “material”, which refers to any physical substance that makes up the universe, from the most basic particles to the most complex organisms.
- “dilates” is an anagram of which word?
The correct answer is “details”.
Dilates is an anagram of the word “details”, which means to provide specific information about a particular topic.
- What is the currency code of Solomon Islands?
The correct currency code is “SBD”.
The currency code for the Solomon Islands is SBD, which stands for Solomon Islands Dollar, the official currency of the Solomon Islands.
- In which year was the movie “Nell” starring Liam Neeson released?
The correct answer is 1994.
The film “Nell” starring Liam Neeson was released in 1994, marking the debut of director Michael Apted.
- In what year was Oliver Stone’s movie “Talk Radio” released?
The correct answer is 1988.
Oliver Stone’s movie Talk Radio, a drama about a controversial radio host, was released in 1988.
- Dellik is the reverse spelling of which word?
The correct answer is killed. Did you get it right?
The reverse spelling of killed is Dellik, which is a rearrangement of the letters in the word “killed”.
- In which year was the movie “Field of Dreams” starring Kevin Costner released?
The correct answer is 1989.
Field of Dreams, starring Kevin Costner, was released in 1989 and quickly became a classic American movie.
- United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund is typically abbreviated to what?
The correct answer is UNICEF.
UNICEF stands for United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund, an organization that works to provide humanitarian aid to children in need across the world.
- Who won the Best Director Oscar in 2016 for the movie “La La Land”?
The correct answer is Damien Chazelle.
- Ang Lee
- Martin Scorsese
- Damien Chazelle
- Peter Jackson
Damien Chazelle won the Best Director Oscar in 2016 for his movie La La Land, recognizing his outstanding directing skills and creative vision.
- In which year was the movie “Shrek” starring Mike Myers released?
The correct answer is 2001.
The animated movie “Shrek,” starring Mike Myers, was released in 2001 and quickly became a beloved classic.
- Can you solve the word “p__b_b_y” with missing letters?
The correct answer is probably.
The missing letters in the word p__b_b_y are likely ‘ro’, so the complete word is ‘probby’, which is a shortened form of the word ‘probably’.
- Etirw is the reverse spelling of which word?
The correct answer is write. Did you get it right?
The answer is correct; “etirw” is the reverse spelling of the word “write,” which is a verb meaning to form letters, words, or symbols on a surface.
- In which year was the movie “Daddy Day Care” starring Eddie Murphy released?
The correct answer is 2003.
The movie “Daddy Day Care” starring Eddie Murphy was released in 2003. It was a comedy about two fathers who start a daycare center.
- What is the proper name for your belly-button?
The correct answer is “Umbilicus”.
Umbilicus is the medical term for the navel, or belly-button, which is the small mark left on the abdomen after the umbilical cord is cut at birth.
- Which one of the following words is a noun?
Enjoyable is the noun.
Enjoyable is a word that describes something that is pleasurable or enjoyable to experience.
- A flat, typically round dish or object, or a sheet of metal or other material – what am I?
The correct answer is “plate”.
A plate is a flat, typically round dish or object made of metal, ceramic, or other material, used for serving food or displaying decorative items.
- What is the capital of Australia?
The correct answer is Canberra.
Canberra is the capital city of Australia, which is located in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). Canberra was designed by American architect Walter Burley Griffin, who won an international competition for the city’s design in 1912.
- In which Welsh county is the city of Cardiff located?
The correct answer is South Glamorgan.
- East Renfrewshire
- South Glamorgan
South Glamorgan is the county in Wales that is home to the city of Cardiff, the capital and largest city in Wales.
- The English FA Cup winners in 1999 were which football team?
The correct answer is Manchester United.
- Luton Town
- Manchester United
Manchester United, a professional football club based in Manchester, England, won the 1999 English FA Cup, the most prestigious domestic cup competition in the country.
- The Snake is a type of which animal?
The correct answer is Beetle.
- Butterfly or Moth
- Tropical Fish
A beetle is an insect that belongs to the order Coleoptera, which is the largest order of insects in the world.
- What is the Scrabble score for the 3-letter word “Man”?
The correct answer is 3 points.
- 1 points
- 3 points
- 8 points
- 13 points
Man is worth 3 points in Scrabble.
- Name a 2010 movie starring Mel Gibson?
The correct answer is “Edge of Darkness”.
- Edge of Darkness
- Bad Boys
- Mr. Church
- A Good Day to Die Hard
Edge of Darkness is a 2010 crime thriller film starring Mel Gibson as a Boston detective investigating the murder of his daughter.
- Which U.S. President came after George Washington?
The correct answer is John Adams.
- Levi P. Morton
- John Adams
- Andrew Johnson
- Millard Fillmore
John Adams was the second President of the United States, succeeding George Washington after he declined to serve a third term.
- A group of moles is known as a what?
The correct answer is a labor.
- A labor
- A sounder
- A smack or brood
- A descent
A labor is a collective term used to refer to a group of moles, typically living in the same area.
- “vitis” is an anagram of which word?
The correct answer is “visit”.
An anagram is a word or phrase made by rearranging the letters of another word or phrase. In this case, “vitis” is an anagram of “visit” because all of the letters of “visit” can be rearranged to form “vitis”.
- Mnemophobia is the fear of what?
The correct answer is memories.
- opening one’s eyes
Mnemophobia is the fear of memories, which is an irrational fear of recalling or thinking about past events. This phobia can cause intense anxiety and distress, leading to avoidance of activities that may trigger memories.
- Can you solve the word “e___oy_e” with missing letters?
The correct answer is employee.
The missing letters in the word e___oy_e form the word “employee” which is a person employed for wages or salary, especially in a position below the management level.
- The actor Julia Roberts took a lead role in which classic 1990’s movie?
The correct answer is “My Best Friend’s Wedding”. Did you get it right?
- Days of Thunder
- A Bronx Tale
- Jerry Maguire
- My Best Friend’s Wedding
The correct answer is My Best Friend’s Wedding. Julia Roberts starred in this classic 1990’s romantic comedy, playing a woman determined to win back her best friend’s affections.
- Name a 2009 movie starring Robert Downey Jr?
The correct answer is “Sherlock Holmes”.
- Pulp Fiction
- The Professor and the Madman
- Blood Father
- Sherlock Holmes
Sherlock Holmes is a 2009 mystery film starring Robert Downey Jr. as the titular detective, alongside Jude Law as his trusted sidekick, Dr. Watson.
- Complete the name of the movie “American ______”?
The correct answer is “Beauty” making the movie “American Beauty”.
- About Eve
- Of A Geisha
American Beauty is a 1999 film that tells the story of a suburban family struggling to find meaning in their lives.
- In which year was the movie “I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry” starring Adam Sandler released?
The correct answer is 2007.
The movie “I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry” was released in 2007 and starred Adam Sandler in the lead role.
- In what year was the classic Jame Bond movie “Live and Let Die” released?
The correct answer is 1973.
Live and Let Die was the eighth film in the James Bond franchise, released in 1973 and starring Roger Moore as the iconic spy.
- What is the currency code of Eswatini?
The correct currency code is “SZL”.
The currency code of Eswatini is SZL, which stands for the Swazi Lilangeni, the official currency of the Kingdom of Eswatini.
- Can you solve the word “t_o__” with missing letters?
The correct answer is tools.
Tools are objects used to create, shape, or repair something else, such as a hammer, saw, or screwdriver.
- In which year was the first personal computer invented?
The correct answer is 1975.
The first personal computer, the Altair 8800, was released in January of 1975. It was the first commercially successful personal computer, allowing users to input instructions through switches and lights.
- Can you solve the word “m_l__u_es” with missing letters?
The correct answer is molecules.
Molecules are made up of atoms connected together in a particular arrangement.