The Nintendo Game Boy, released in 1989, revolutionized the world of portable gaming and became a cultural phenomenon. With its monochromatic screen and simple yet addictive games, it captured the hearts of millions of players around the globe.
Are you ready to test your knowledge? Get your mental buttons ready and prepare to tackle ten exciting questions about the Nintendo Game Boy. From hidden gems to well-known classics, these questions will cover a range of topics related to this beloved handheld console.
Whether you’re a seasoned Game Boy enthusiast or just curious about gaming history, this trivia quiz will provide a fun and nostalgic experience. So, let’s dive in and see how well you know the Nintendo Game Boy!
- What year was the Nintendo Game Boy first released?
The correct answer is 1989.
The Nintendo Game Boy was first released in Japan on April 21, 1989, and later in North America and Europe.
- What was the first game to be released for the Nintendo Game Boy?
The correct answer is Tetris.
- Donkey Kong
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
- Super Mario Land
Tetris was the first game to be released for the Nintendo Game Boy and was a huge success, selling millions of copies worldwide.
- What type of battery does the original Game Boy use?
The correct answer is AA.
The original Nintendo Game Boy uses four AA batteries for power.
- How many colors can the original Game Boy display on its screen?
The correct answer is 4.
The original Game Boy has a monochrome screen that can display four shades of grey.
- What is the resolution of the original Game Boy screen?
The correct answer is 160×144.
The original Game Boy has a screen resolution of 160×144 pixels.
- What is the name of the Game Boy’s successor, released in 1998?
The correct answer is Game Boy Color.
- Game Boy Advance
- Game Boy Color
- Game Boy Pocket
- Game Boy Light
The Game Boy Color was released in 1998 as the successor to the original Game Boy, featuring a color screen and improved hardware.
- What accessory allowed the Game Boy to be played on a television screen?
The correct answer is Super Game Boy.
- Game Boy Converter
- Game Boy Player
- Game Boy Adapter
- Super Game Boy
The Super Game Boy was an accessory for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System that allowed Game Boy games to be played on a television screen.
- Which of these games was NOT released for the original Game Boy?
The correct answer is Pokémon Ruby.
- Kirby’s Dream Land
- Mega Man: Dr. Wily’s Revenge
- Pokémon Ruby
Pokémon Ruby was released for the Game Boy Advance, not the original Game Boy.
- What was the name of the Game Boy’s main competitor in the handheld gaming market?
The correct answer is Sega Game Gear.
- NEC TurboExpress
- Sony PlayStation Portable
- Atari Lynx
- Sega Game Gear
The Sega Game Gear was the main competitor to the Game Boy in the handheld gaming market, featuring a color screen and more powerful hardware.
- Which company developed the Game Boy’s CPU?
The correct answer is Sharp.
The Game Boy’s CPU was developed by Sharp, a Japanese electronics company.