Would you like to have some fun together with your loved ones? Are you ready to challenge your family’s knowledge? We’ve put together an exciting quiz to test your family’s knowledge in a range of topics. From anagrams to history, this quiz is sure to bring out the competitive spirit of your family.
No matter if you’re a novice or an expert, this quiz has something for everyone. It is a mixed difficulty quiz, so it will give everyone a chance to show off their skills. With 40 questions to answer, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to impress your family.
So, let the quiz begin! Put your knowledge to the test and see who can answer the most questions correctly. It’s time to find out who the real trivia master of the family is!
Family General Knowledge Quiz: Round 1
- Name the 1974 movie directed by Francis Ford Coppola and starring Al Pacino and Robert De Niro?
The correct answer is The Godfather Part II.
- The Godfather Part II
- Green Book
- The Silence of the Lambs
- Requiem for a Dream
The Godfather Part II is a 1974 crime film directed by Francis Ford Coppola and starring Al Pacino and Robert De Niro. It is the sequel to the 1972 classic The Godfather and is widely considered to be one of the greatest films ever made.
- Who released the 70’s album entitled Grievous Angel
The correct answer is “Gram Parsons”.
- Neil Young
- David Bowie
- Gram Parsons
Gram Parsons was an American singer-songwriter who released the album “Grievous Angel” in 1974, which is considered to be one of the most influential albums of country rock.
- A group of skunks is known as a what?
The correct answer is a stench.
- A shadow
- A convocation
- A band
- A stench
A stench is the collective name for a group of skunks, as the pungent odor they produce when threatened is so strong that it can be considered a group phenomenon.
- Name a 1995 movie starring Will Smith?
The correct answer is “Bad Boys”.
- Bad Boys
- Matchstick Men
- Red Rock West
- The Rock
Bad Boys is a 1995 action comedy film starring Will Smith and Martin Lawrence as two Miami-Dade detectives who must investigate a case of stolen police evidence.
- Iggy Pop had a string of hits in the 70s with his band…?
The correct answer is “The Stooges”.
- The Tubes
- The Stooges
- The Dolls
- The Sadistic Mika Band
Iggy Pop was the lead singer of the influential punk rock band The Stooges, which had a string of hits in the 70s, including “I Wanna Be Your Dog” and “Search and Destroy”.
- What was the name of the dog from The Adventures of Tintin?
The correct answer is “Snowy”.
Snowy was Tintin’s loyal companion, a white wire-haired fox terrier who accompanied Tintin on his adventures and often provided comic relief.
- What is the latin name for Gorilla?
The correct answer is Gorilla Gorilla.
- Gorilla Gorilla
- Falco Peregrinus
- Phoca Vitulina
- Lathyrus Odoratus
The scientific name for the Gorilla species is Gorilla Gorilla, which is derived from the Latin words “gorilla” and “gorillae”.
- “ancestries” is an anagram of which word?
The correct answer is “resistance”.
Ancestries is an anagram of the word resistance, which is the ability to withstand or oppose force, pressure, or attack.
- In which year was the movie “Lethal Weapon” starring Mel Gibson released?
The correct answer is 1987.
The movie Lethal Weapon, starring Mel Gibson, was released in 1987, making it the first installment in the popular action-comedy franchise.
- Al Gore was the U.S. Vice President in which years?
The correct answer is 1993-2001.
Al Gore served as the 45th Vice President of the United States from 1993 to 2001 under President Bill Clinton.
Family General Knowledge Quiz: Round 2
- Which band had a hit with “All the Small Things” in 2000?
The correct answer is Blink 182. How did you score?
- Blink 182
- The Click Five
- Snow Patrol
- Green Day
Blink 182 is an American rock band formed in 1992, best known for their hit single “All the Small Things” which was released in 2000.
- Can you unjumble “Jhonyn Edpp” to reveal a famous actor?
The correct answer is Johnny Depp. Did you get it right?
- Grace Kelly
- Johnny Depp
- Gary Oldman
- Brad Dourif
Johnny Depp is an American actor and producer who has achieved success in both television and film. He is known for his iconic roles in films such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Edward Scissorhands, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- What year was Margaret Thatcher elected British Prime Minister?
The correct answer is 1979. How did you score?
Margaret Thatcher was elected British Prime Minister in 1979, becoming the first female Prime Minister in British history.
- “camelid” is an anagram of which word?
The correct answer is “medical”.
Camelid is an anagram of the word medical, which is a term used to describe the science and practice of diagnosing, treating, and preventing illnesses and diseases.
- In which year was the movie “Sunset” starring Bruce Willis released?
The correct answer is 1988.
Sunset was a 1988 American neo-noir crime drama film starring Bruce Willis as private investigator Tom Farrell. It was directed by Blake Edwards and released on April 8, 1988.
- What is the capital city of Congo?
The correct city is Brazzaville.
Brazzaville is the capital and largest city of the Republic of the Congo, located on the Congo River in the western part of the country.
- The 2010’s hit movie “Maleficent” featured which Hollywood star in a leading role?
The correct answer is Angelina Jolie.
- Chadwick Boseman
- Angelina Jolie
- Benedict Cumberbatch
- Tom Cruise
Angelina Jolie starred in the 2014 movie “Maleficent” as the titular character, a powerful fairy with a dark past who must protect her kingdom from a vengeful king.
- In which year was the movie “JFK” starring Kevin Bacon starring Kevin Bacon released?
The correct answer is 1991.
The movie JFK starring Kevin Bacon was released in 1991 and was a major box office success.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger’s movie “Around the World in 80 Days” – in what year was it released?
The correct answer is 2004.
The movie “Around the World in 80 Days” starring Arnold Schwarzenegger was released in 2004.
- Who won the Best Director Oscar in 1993 for the movie “Schindler’s List”?
The correct answer is Steven Spielberg.
- Steven Spielberg
- Sergio Leone
- Martin Scorsese
- George Stevens
Steven Spielberg was awarded the Best Director Oscar in 1993 for his work on the acclaimed movie Schindler’s List, a powerful Holocaust drama based on a true story.
Family General Knowledge Quiz: Round 3
- The Martin Scorsese movie “The King of Comedy” was released in what year?
The correct answer is 1983.
The King of Comedy, a Martin Scorsese movie starring Robert De Niro, was released in 1983 and was met with critical acclaim.
- The 1950’s classic movie “Ocean’s 11” starred which leading actor?
The correct answer is Frank Sinatra.
- Frank Sinatra
- Sidney Poitier
- James Dean
- Spencer Tracy
Frank Sinatra was a renowned American singer and actor who starred in the classic movie ‘Ocean’s 11’ in the 1950s.
- What is the capital city of Sweden?
The correct city is Stockholm.
Stockholm is the largest city in Sweden and the country’s political, economic and cultural center. It is also the seat of the Swedish government and royal family.
- The famous wine growing region called the “Wairarapa” is in which country?
The correct answer is New Zealand. Did you get it right?
- New Zealand
- Cape Verde
The Wairarapa is a wine-growing region located on the lower east coast of New Zealand’s North Island. It is known for its rolling hills and lush vineyards.
- _____ VIII – well known figure from history?
This correct answer is Henry VIII.
- Benjamin Franklin
- Karl Marx
- Henry VIII
- Joan Of Arc
He was the King of England from 1509 to 1547, and is best known for his six marriages, his break with the Catholic Church, and the establishment of the Church of England.
- In which year was the movie “Red Corner” starring Richard Gere released?
The correct answer is 1997.
The movie Red Corner, starring Richard Gere, was released in the year 1997.
- Nelson Piquet is known for their abilities in primarily which sport?
The correct answer is Formula One Racing.
- Formula One Racing
- Figure Skating
Nelson Piquet is a Brazilian former racing driver who achieved great success in Formula One racing, becoming three-time world champion.
- The chemical symbol of the element Rhenium is?
The correct answer is “Re”.
The chemical symbol of Rhenium is Re, which is derived from the Latin name of the element, Rhenium, which means “flowing”.
- Which west African country’s official motto is “The love of liberty brought us here”?
The correct answer is “Liberia”.
- Sierra Leone
Liberia was founded by freed African-American slaves in 1847, and its official motto reflects their desire for freedom and independence from the United States.
- Who painted the Mona Lisa?
The correct answer is Leonardo da Vinci.
- Leonardo da Vinci
- Vincent van Gogh
Leonardo da Vinci was an Italian Renaissance artist who painted the iconic Mona Lisa portrait in the early 16th century.
Family General Knowledge Quiz: Round 4
- In which year was the movie “The Incredible Burt Wonderstone” starring Jim Carrey released?
The correct answer is 2013.
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone starring Jim Carrey was released in 2013, a year after Carrey’s successful comedy The Lorax.
- Hypochondria is a fear of?
The correct answer is “illness”.
- btight lights
Hypochondria is an irrational fear of becoming ill or having a serious medical condition, often accompanied by excessive worrying and frequent visits to the doctor.
- Lome is the capital of?
The correct answer is “Togo”.
Lome is the capital city of the West African nation of Togo. It is located on the Gulf of Guinea and is the largest city in the country.
- Talented actor Jeff Bridges won a Best Actor Academy award in the 2009 movie “Crazy Heart” for playing which character?
The correct answer is Bad Blake.
- Hugh Glass
- Idi Amin
- Bad Blake
Jeff Bridges won the Best Actor Academy Award for his portrayal of the character Bad Blake in the 2009 movie Crazy Heart.
- What is the latin name for Snapdragon?
The correct answer is Antirrhinum Majus.
- Alces Alces
- Antirrhinum Majus
- Papio Anubis
- Gorilla Gorilla
Antirrhinum Majus is the scientific name for the Snapdragon flower, which is a genus of flowering plants in the plantain family.
- What unusual word means heavy, awkward?
The correct answer is “cumbrous”. Did you get it right?
Cumbrous means difficult to carry or manage due to its large size, weight, or complexity.
- Who released the 70’s album entitled Machine Head
The correct answer is “Deep Purple”.
- Neil Young
- Deep Purple
Deep Purple, an English rock band, released the album entitled “Machine Head” in 1972.
- Which U.S. President came before John F. Kennedy?
The correct answer is Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Barack Obama
- Harry S. Truman
- George Bush
He was the 34th President of the United States, serving from 1953 to 1961.
- In which year was the movie “The Avengers” starring Robert Downey Jr released?
The correct answer is 2012.
The movie The Avengers, starring Robert Downey Jr, was released in the year 2012.
- “credited” is an anagram of which word?
The correct answer is “directed”.
An anagram is a word or phrase formed by rearranging the letters of another word or phrase, so credited is an anagram of the word directed.