Are you feeling nostalgic? Do you have fond memories of the 1980’s? If so, this trivia game is perfect for you!
This 35-question multiple choice trivia game is designed to test your knowledge of toys and games from the 1980’s. Whether you were a child then or have just heard stories, you can challenge yourself and find out how much you know.
This quiz is designed to be fun and entertaining, so don’t worry if you don’t know all the answers! You can always guess and see how close you can get. So, let’s get started and see how much you remember about toys and games from the 1980’s!
- _________ Dumas – well known author?
This correct answer is Alexandre Dumas.
- Dan Brown
- Alexandre Dumas
- C.S. Lewis
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
He was a French author, best known for his historical adventure novels, such as The Three Musketeers and The Count of Monte Cristo.
- What is the correct 3-digit ISO country code for Brazil?
The correct country code is BRA.
The 3-digit ISO country code for Brazil is BRA. This code is used to identify Brazil when referring to international organizations, such as the World Trade Organization and the United Nations.
- Can you unjumble “Clnaiil Huypmr” to reveal a famous actor?
The correct answer is Cillian Murphy. Did you get it right?
- Cillian Murphy
- Michael Caine
- Lauren Bacall
- Helen Mirren
Cillian Murphy is an Irish actor who is best known for his roles in films such as “Inception”, “Dunkirk”, and “Peaky Blinders”. He has also starred in multiple stage productions.
- Can you unjumble “Lyrme Tsreep” to reveal a famous actor?
The correct answer is Meryl Streep. Did you get it right?
- Kevin Spacey
- Winona Ryder
- Susan Hayward
- Meryl Streep
The correct answer is Meryl Streep, an award-winning actor who has starred in many iconic films and is widely regarded as one of the greatest actors of all time.
- _______ Phelps – well known sports star?
This correct answer is Michael Phelps.
- Michael Schumacher
- Michael Phelps
- Wilt Chamberlain
- Joe Montana
He is an American professional swimmer and the most decorated Olympic athlete of all time, having won a total of 28 medals in both individual and team events.
- Tneduts is the reverse spelling of which word?
The correct answer is student. Did you get it right?
Yes, the answer is student, which is a word used to describe someone who is enrolled in an educational institution and is learning new skills.
- The Goliath Birdeater is a type of what animal?
The correct answer is Spider. Did you get it right?
The Goliath Birdeater is a species of tarantula, which is a type of spider, making it the correct answer.
- Can you solve the word “s__h_” with missing letters?
The correct answer is sight.
The missing letters in the word s__h_ are “ig” and when combined they spell out the word “sight”, which is the ability to see.
- Can you unjumble “Tonyhan Ipnokhs” to reveal a famous actor?
The correct answer is Anthony Hopkins. Did you get it right?
- Marie Dressler
- Annette Bening
- Anthony Hopkins
- Reese Witherspoon
Yes, Anthony Hopkins is a famous actor best known for his roles in films such as The Silence of the Lambs and The Remains of the Day.
- A male deer, or to resist or oppose something – what am I?
The correct answer is “buck”.
A buck is the term used to refer to a male deer. It is also used to describe someone who is strong and determined, and will resist or oppose something.
- ___ Montana – well known sports star?
This correct answer is Joe Montana.
- Tim Duncan
- Oscar Robertson
- Joe Montana
- Tiger Woods
He is an NFL Hall of Fame quarterback who won four Super Bowls during his career with the San Francisco 49ers.
- Can you solve the word “_o__y” with missing letters?
The correct answer is today.
Today is a day of the week that follows yesterday and precedes tomorrow.
- _____________ Bull Terrier – breed of dog?
This correct answer is Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
- Bichons Frise
- Tibetan Mastiff
- Iris Setter
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier
The Staffordshire Bull Terrier is a medium-sized, short-haired breed of dog that originated in 19th century England and is known for its courageous and loyal nature.
- What is the correct 3-digit ISO country code for Colombia?
The correct country code is COL.
COL is the three-digit International Organization for Standardization (ISO) code for Colombia, a South American country located in the northwest region of the continent.
- ______ Hound – breed of dog?
This correct answer is Afghan Hound.
- Australian Shepherd
- Miniature Pinscher
- Airedale Terrier
- Afghan Hound
The Afghan Hound is a long-haired, aristocratic breed of dog that is known for its distinctive features, such as its silky coat, long, narrow face, and its curved tail.
- The classic song “Life On Mars” was by which artist?
The answer is David Bowie.
- The Jayhawks
- Michael Jackson
- David Bowie
- Bruce Springsteen
David Bowie was an English singer, songwriter, and actor who released “Life On Mars” in 1971 as part of his album “Hunky Dory”.
- Name the 1995 movie directed by Bryan Singer and starring Kevin Spacey and Gabriel Byrne?
The correct answer is The Usual Suspects.
- The Godfather
- The Usual Suspects
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
The Usual Suspects is a 1995 neo-noir crime thriller film directed by Bryan Singer and starring Kevin Spacey, Gabriel Byrne, and Chazz Palminteri.
- What word comes before “Yankee” in the NATO phonetic alphabet?
The correct answer is X-ray.
X-ray is the code word used to represent the letter “X” in the NATO phonetic alphabet, which precedes the code word “Yankee” for the letter “Y”.
- Can you solve the word “_r_t__” with missing letters?
The correct answer is pretty.
Pretty is an adjective used to describe something that is attractive or pleasing in appearance.
- _______ Schumacher – well known sports star?
This correct answer is Michael Schumacher.
- Jesse Owens
- Randy Moss
- Kobe Bryant
- Michael Schumacher
He is a retired German racing driver who is widely regarded as one of the greatest Formula One drivers of all time. He holds many records in the sport, including winning a record seven Formula One World Drivers’ Championships.
- Ecnad is the reverse spelling of which word?
The correct answer is dance. Did you get it right?
Ecnad is the reverse spelling of the word dance, which is an activity in which people move their bodies to music.
- Can you unjumble “Auijl Errtobs” to reveal a famous actor?
The correct answer is Julia Roberts. Did you get it right?
- Julia Roberts
- John Malkovich
- Sean Connery
- Jason Isaacs
The correct answer is Julia Roberts, an American actress who is best known for her roles in films such as Pretty Woman, Erin Brockovich, and Ocean’s Eleven.
- ___ Duncan – well known sports star?
This correct answer is Tim Duncan.
- Jackie Robinson
- Tim Duncan
- Nolan Ryan
- Walter Payton
He is a professional basketball player who played for the San Antonio Spurs for 19 seasons, winning five NBA championships.
- What is the past tense of the verb “to make”?
The correct answer is “Made”.
The past tense of the verb “to make” is “made”, which is formed by adding the suffix “-ed” to the end of the verb.
- What unusual word means dishonest or deceitful behavior?
The correct answer is “jiggery-pokery”. Did you get it right?
Jiggery-pokery is a slang term used to describe dishonest or deceitful behavior, usually involving trickery or manipulation.
- Which of the following is to observe or look at something for a period of time?
The correct answer is “watch”.
Watching involves looking at something for a period of time, usually with the intent of gathering information or gaining an understanding of a situation.
- American Standard Code For Information Exchange is typically abbreviated to what?
The correct answer is ASCII.
ASCII stands for American Standard Code for Information Interchange, which is an encoding system used to represent text in computers and other devices.
- Can you solve the word “_ue_s” with missing letters?
The correct answer is guess.
The word “guess” is a verb meaning to form an opinion or make a conjecture without having certain knowledge.
- Sseug is the reverse spelling of which word?
The correct answer is guess. Did you get it right?
Sseug is the reverse spelling of the word “guess,” meaning to make an educated estimation or prediction about something without knowing the exact answer.
- What the nationality of talented actor Brad Pitt?
The correct answer is American.
Brad Pitt is a highly successful actor from the United States, known for his numerous acclaimed roles in films such as Fight Club, Ocean’s Eleven, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
- ______ Bergman – famous movie director?
This correct answer is Ingmar Bergman.
- Ingmar Bergman
- Tom Hanks
- Spencer Tracy
- David Lean
He was a famous Swedish film director, screenwriter and theater director whose works explored existential and spiritual themes.
- Can you solve the word “_u_b_r” with missing letters?
The correct answer is number.
The answer to the word _u_b_r with missing letters is ‘number’. This is because the letters ‘n’ ‘u’ ‘m’ ‘b’ and ‘e’ are the letters that make up the word ‘number’.
- The Yellow Garden is a type of what animal?
The correct answer is Spider. Did you get it right?
The Yellow Garden Spider is a species of spider found in gardens, characterized by its yellow and black markings.
- The Electric Eel is a type of what animal?
The correct answer is Fish. Did you get it right?
The Electric Eel is a type of fish that is capable of generating electric shocks to ward off predators and stun prey.
- Rumble was a character from which 1980’s toy craze?
The coorect answer is Transformers.
- He-Man & The Masters of the Universe
Rumble was a character from the 1980s toy craze Transformers, which featured robots that could transform into vehicles and other objects.