Are you ready to test your knowledge? Do you think you can ace this basic trivia quiz? Put your skills to the test and find out!
This 25-question multiple choice quiz covers a wide range of topics, from English language to common words. Whether you’re a grammar guru or a word wizard, this quiz will be sure to put your knowledge to the test. Think you know your stuff? It’s time to find out!
A quick warning – this quiz is easy, but don’t let that fool you. Even though the questions are basic, the answers may not be as obvious as you think. So get your thinking caps on and let’s get started!
- What is the main organ responsible for removing waste from the body?
The correct answer is Kidneys.
The kidneys are two bean-shaped organs located near the middle of the back. They filter waste products from the blood and excrete them in the form of urine.
- “Harry Potter” was a character featured in which blockbuster movie?
The correct answer is “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone”.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII
- Terminator 2: Judgement Day
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
- The Matrix Revolutions
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone is the first in the series of eight films based on J.K. Rowling’s popular book series about a young wizard.
- Which of the following is a feeling of pleasure or contentment?
The correct answer is “happy”.
Happy is an emotion characterized by a sense of pleasure or contentment, often in response to positive experiences or outcomes.
- The Albino Corydoras is a type of which animal?
The correct answer is Tropical Fish.
- Tropical Fish
- Butterfly or Moth
The Albino Corydoras is a type of freshwater fish that originates from tropical regions and is popular in aquariums.
- _______ Bay – famous movie director?
This correct answer is Michael Bay.
- Steven Soderbergh
- Michael Bay
- The Coen Brothers
- Woody Allen
He is an American filmmaker known for directing big-budget action films such as the Transformers series, Armageddon, and Pearl Harbor.
- Complete the famous saying: “Actions speak louder than _____.
Actions speak louder than words is a phrase that means people’s actions are more important than what they say.
It implies that people should not only say that they will do something, but they should also actually do it to be taken seriously.
- What is the thirteenth letter of the alphabet?
The correct answer is M.
M is the middle letter of the English alphabet, making it the thirteenth letter.
- Ebyam is the reverse spelling of which word?
The correct answer is maybe. Did you get it right?
The correct answer is “maybe”. The word “maybe” is a term used to express uncertainty or doubt, and “Ebyam” is its reverse spelling.
- ____ Grisham – well known author?
This correct answer is John Grisham.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald
- H.P. Lovecraft
- John Grisham
- Alexandre Dumas
John Grisham is an internationally acclaimed author of legal thrillers, such as The Firm, A Time to Kill, and The Pelican Brief.
- Name the 2015 movie directed by Lenny Abrahamson and starring Brie Larson and Jacob Tremblay?
The correct answer is Room.
- North by Northwest
- V for Vendetta
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Room is a 2015 drama film directed by Lenny Abrahamson and starring Brie Larson and Jacob Tremblay. It tells the story of a mother and her son who are held captive in a small room and their struggle to escape.
- Which of the following is a popular video game console?
The correct answer is Xbox.
Xbox is a popular video game console developed by Microsoft that has sold millions of units worldwide since its initial release.
- Name the 1953 movie directed by William Wyler and starring Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn?
The correct answer is Roman Holiday.
- Roman Holiday
- The Lion King
- Back to the Future
Roman Holiday is a romantic comedy film directed by William Wyler and starring Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn. It follows the story of a European princess who embarks on a secret journey to explore Rome and falls in love with an American reporter.
- Jazz was a character from which 1980’s toy craze?
The coorect answer is Transformers.
- He-Man & The Masters of the Universe
Jazz was an Autobot from the 1980s toy craze, Transformers, which featured robots that could transform into vehicles and other objects.
- Can you solve the word “r___il_r” with missing letters?
The correct answer is retailer.
Retailer is a person or business that sells goods directly to consumers.
- Nippon Electronics Corporation is typically abbreviated to what?
The correct answer is NEC.
NEC stands for Nippon Electronics Corporation, a Japanese electronics company that manufactures a wide range of products including computers, mobile phones, and other consumer electronics.
- Name the 1983 movie directed by Richard Marquand and starring Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford?
The correct answer is Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi.
- Barry Lyndon
- Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi
- Song of the Sea
Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi is a 1983 American epic space opera film directed by Richard Marquand and starring Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford.
- ____ Dekker – famous rock or music star?
This correct answer is Tony Dekker.
- Tony Dekker
- Paul McCartney
- Sly Stone
- Lou Reed
He is a Canadian singer-songwriter and musician who is best known as the lead vocalist and primary songwriter of the folk-rock band Great Lake Swimmers.
- Niatnuom is the reverse spelling of which word?
The correct answer is mountain. Did you get it right?
Niatnuom is a reverse spelling of the word mountain, which is a large natural elevation of the earth’s surface, typically with steep sides and a relatively flat top.
- Elpmis is the reverse spelling of which word?
The correct answer is simple. Did you get it right?
Elpmis is a reverse spelling of the word “simple”, which means straightforward and easy to understand.
- Uniform Resource Locator is typically abbreviated to what?
The correct answer is URL.
A Uniform Resource Locator (URL) is a standardized address used to locate a particular web page or file on the internet. It is typically abbreviated as URL.
- Name the 1984 movie directed by Milos Forman and starring F. Murray Abraham and Tom Hulce?
The correct answer is Amadeus.
- The Sound of Music
Amadeus is a 1984 biographical drama film directed by Milos Forman and starring F. Murray Abraham and Tom Hulce. It follows the life and music of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
- Gnineve is the reverse spelling of which word?
The correct answer is evening. Did you get it right?
Gnineve is a reverse spelling of the word evening, which is the time of day after the afternoon and before night.
- Which of the following is an adverb used to emphasize the truth or importance of a statement?
The correct answer is “really”.
Really is an adverb used to emphasize the truth or importance of a statement by adding extra emphasis and conviction to the speaker’s words.
- Which U.S. state is abbreviated to “WY”?
The correct answer is Wyoming.
- North Carolina
Wyoming is a western U.S. state known for its vast plains, mountains, and plentiful wildlife.
- Which of the following is an adverb used to indicate a time or a sequence of events?
The correct answer is “then”.
Then is an adverb used to indicate a point in time after the present moment or a sequence of events that follows another in time.