This general knowledge quiz is both fun and challenging. Is that by any chance what you were looking for? Then you’ve come to the right place! Here you’ll find 20 random trivia questions and answers for adults. We’ve got a mix of difficulty levels and topics, so there’s something for everyone. I am going to ask my whole family to join in with me in answering these questions.
From Name The Year questions to Movies to Geography, you’ll be challenged to think outside the box. Whether you’re playing a game with friends, competing in a trivia night, or just looking for a fun way to pass the time, these questions will get your brain going. Take your time and think carefully, you never know when you’ll be stumped!
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started. Gather up your friends, grab some snacks, and get ready for a wild ride. It’s time to see who knows the most random trivia!
- In which year was the movie “Unknown” starring Liam Neeson released?
The correct answer is 2011.
The movie Unknown, starring Liam Neeson, was released in 2011. It was an action-thriller about a man who wakes up from a coma with no memory of his past.
- Which one of the following words is a noun?
Uninitiated is the noun.
Uninitiated refers to someone who has not been introduced to or is unfamiliar with a particular topic or situation.
- In which year was the movie “My Beautiful Laundrette” starring Daniel Day-Lewis released?
The correct answer is 1985.
My Beautiful Laundrette, a British comedy-drama starring Daniel Day-Lewis, was released in 1985.
- The actor Walter Matthau took a lead role in which classic 1970’s movie?
The correct answer is “The Bad News Bears”. Did you get it right?
- The French Connection
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
- The Bad News Bears
The correct answer is The Bad News Bears. Walter Matthau starred as the coach of a misfit Little League team in the classic 1970s movie.
- The actor Jim Carrey took a lead role in which classic 1990’s movie?
The correct answer is “The Truman Show”. Did you get it right?
- Eyes Wide Shut
- Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
- My Best Friend’s Wedding
- The Truman Show
The Truman Show is a classic 1990s movie starring Jim Carrey as the lead role of Truman Burbank, a man whose entire life is unknowingly broadcasted on a reality TV show.
- The following is a line from which 1970’s film “It’s as big as a house”?
The correct answer is “Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind”.
- The Shining
- Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind
- Star Wars
The line is spoken by Roy Neary, played by Richard Dreyfuss, when he first sees the alien spacecraft in the night sky.
- The Marvel movie “Thor: Love and Thunder” was released in which year?
The correct answer is 2022.
Thor: Love and Thunder is the fourth installment in the Thor film series and is set to be released in 2022.
- In what country is the city of Dammam located?
The correct answer is Saudi Arabia.
- Saudi Arabia
Dammam is a major city in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia, located on the coast of the Persian Gulf.
- Name a 2000 movie starring Michael Douglas?
The correct answer is “Wonder Boys”.
- Wonder Boys
- Blood Father
Wonder Boys is a 2000 comedy-drama starring Michael Douglas as an English professor struggling to find success with his novel.
- The 1970’s classic movie “National Lampoon’s Animal House” starred which Hollywood A-list star?
The correct answer is Chevy Chase.
- Chevy Chase
- Katherine Hepburn
- Michael Clarke Duncan
- Marlon Brando
Chevy Chase is an American actor, comedian, and writer known for his work on Saturday Night Live and in films such as National Lampoon’s Animal House, Caddyshack, and Fletch.
- In what year was John Hughes’s movie “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” released?
The correct answer is 1986.
John Hughes’s classic coming-of-age film “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” was released in 1986 and has since become a beloved classic.
- In which year was the movie “Elizabeth” starring Daniel Craig released?
The correct answer is 1998.
The movie Elizabeth starring Daniel Craig was released in 1998, the same year Craig made his film debut.
- In what country is the city of Abu Dhabi located?
The correct answer is United Arab Emirates.
- United Arab Emirates
The United Arab Emirates is a country in the Middle East located on the Arabian Peninsula, of which Abu Dhabi is the capital.
- Name a 1997 movie starring Robert Downey Jr?
The correct answer is “Two Girls and a Guy”.
- Ocean’s Thirteen
- Two Girls and a Guy
- Dying Young
Two Girls and a Guy is a romantic comedy-drama film released in 1997, starring Robert Downey Jr. as a young man who is caught in a love triangle between two women.
- Which author wrote the classic children’s book “The BFG”?
The correct author was Roald Dahl.
- Lemony Snickets
- Roald Dahl
- Marcia Brown
- Lynne Banks
Roald Dahl was a British novelist, short story writer, and poet who wrote many popular children’s books, including the classic The BFG.
- Who released the 70’s album entitled Cant Buy a Trill
The correct answer is “Steely Dan”.
- Steely Dan
- T. Rex
Steely Dan is an American rock band formed in 1972 who released the album “Cant Buy a Thrill” in 1972.
- What country won the very first FIFA World Cup in 1930?
The correct answer is “Uruguay”.
Uruguay was victorious in the inaugural FIFA World Cup in 1930, hosted in their home country, becoming the first ever world champions of the sport.
- In which year was the movie “Alice in Wonderland” starring Johnny Depp released?
The correct answer is 2010.
The movie “Alice in Wonderland” starring Johnny Depp was released in 2010 and was a live-action/animated fantasy adventure film.
- “cheaters” is an anagram of which word?
The correct answer is “teachers”.
Cheaters is an anagram of teachers, meaning the letters of the word cheaters can be rearranged to spell out the word teachers.
- In which year was the movie “Zandalee” starring Nicolas Cage released?
The correct answer is 1991.
The movie Zandalee, starring Nicolas Cage, was released in 1991.