Are you a fan of legendary film composer Jerry Goldsmith? Do you find yourself humming the tunes from some of his most iconic scores? If so, you’ve come to the right place to test your knowledge about this brilliant composer. This 10-question multiple-choice trivia quiz will challenge your familiarity with Goldsmith’s life and his illustrious career.
From classic movies to unforgettable TV shows, Jerry Goldsmith’s music has been an integral part of the entertainment industry for decades. With a career spanning over 40 years, Goldsmith has left an indelible mark on the world of film and television music. Now it’s your turn to prove how well you know his work and his journey.
This quiz will take you on a trip through the various aspects of Goldsmith’s life, from his early beginnings to his greatest achievements. You’ll be asked questions about his influences, collaborations, and even some lesser-known facts about the composer. Whether you’re a casual fan or a die-hard Goldsmith enthusiast, there’s something here for everyone.
So, are you ready to put your knowledge to the test? Grab your thinking cap and dive into this exciting trivia quiz. Best of luck, and may the music be with you!
- What year was Jerry Goldsmith born?
The correct answer is 1929.
Jerry Goldsmith was born on February 10, 1929.
- Which film earned Jerry Goldsmith his only Academy Award?
The correct answer is The Omen.
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Planet of the Apes
- The Omen
Jerry Goldsmith won the Academy Award for Best Original Score for the 1976 film The Omen.
- For which television series did Jerry Goldsmith compose the theme music?
The correct answer is The Twilight Zone.
- The Twilight Zone
- Star Trek
- The Outer Limits
Jerry Goldsmith composed the theme music for the 1985 revival of The Twilight Zone.
- Which of these video games featured a score composed by Jerry Goldsmith?
The correct answer is Medal of Honor.
- Medal of Honor
- Final Fantasy
- The Elder Scrolls
Jerry Goldsmith composed the score for the 1999 video game Medal of Honor.
- What was the last film Jerry Goldsmith scored before his death?
The correct answer is Looney Tunes: Back in Action.
- Looney Tunes: Back in Action
- The Sum of All Fears
- Star Trek: Nemesis
- The Mummy
Jerry Goldsmith’s final film score was for the 2003 film Looney Tunes: Back in Action.
- Which of these film franchises did Jerry Goldsmith NOT compose music for?
The correct answer is Indiana Jones.
- Star Trek
- Indiana Jones
Jerry Goldsmith did not compose music for the Indiana Jones franchise; John Williams was the composer for those films.
- How many Academy Award nominations did Jerry Goldsmith receive in his career?
The correct answer is 18.
Jerry Goldsmith received 18 Academy Award nominations throughout his career.
- Which of these instruments did Jerry Goldsmith NOT use in his score for Planet of the Apes?
The correct answer is Piano.
- Steel drum
- Electric harpsichord
Jerry Goldsmith did not use a piano in his score for Planet of the Apes, opting for unconventional instruments like the electric harpsichord, steel drum, and echoplex.
- Which director did Jerry Goldsmith collaborate with on multiple films, such as Chinatown and The Omen?
The correct answer is Roman Polanski.
- Ridley Scott
- Steven Spielberg
- Stanley Kubrick
- Roman Polanski
Jerry Goldsmith collaborated with Roman Polanski on films such as Chinatown and The Omen.
- What was the name of the composition Jerry Goldsmith wrote for the 1984 Summer Olympics?
The correct answer is Fanfare for the 1984 Olympic Games.
- Olympic Glory
- A Celebration of Gold
- The Olympic Spirit
- Fanfare for the 1984 Olympic Games
Jerry Goldsmith composed Fanfare for the 1984 Olympic Games for the Summer Olympics held in Los Angeles.